The position of admin and accounts assistant consists of being responsible for providing administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient operations.
• Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
• Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees and boards of directors.
• Reconciling finance accounts
• Maintaining spreadsheets
• Credit control
• Preparing statutory accounts
• Cash allocation
• Sales order processing
• Receiving and processing all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment
• Verifying calculations working with the Accounts system
• Purchase ledger duties including processing invoices, dealing with, and resolving supplier queries.
• Preparing the supplier payment runs
• Credit control and sales ledger duties including chasing overdue customer accounts and cash allocation.
• Bank reconciliations
• Processing expenses
• Responsibility for the petty cash
• Supporting the accounts team with any other transactional accounting duties
• File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
• Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
• Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email;
• Perform general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
• Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
• Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution. Qualifications and requirements:
• College diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to actively look for ways to help people.
• Ability to adjust actions in relation to others’ actions, and to manage one’s own time and the time of others. Competencies (in order of importance):
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job. Working conditions
• This is a full-time, on premises position.
• Office location: Unit 20, Hertfordshire Business Centre, Alexander Road, St Albans AL2 1JG
• Working hours: 9am – 5:00pm
Please send CV to email@example.com